I am an employee of the Indian government, wanting to study in the US in my personal capacity. Can I apply for a US visa while being employed?

[A2A] In US, no one cares about a no-objection certificate from a previous employer (in this case, Indian Government) especially since you are applying to be student and not for a job. So, I don't think you should have a problem getting a US student visa even if you don't have an NOC from your employer. Just be honest about your current job and tell about your intentions of quitting the job if they ask you.

I am not sure about permission from the government to apply for a visa. Sorry.

See question on Quora

I like to blog about various topics ranging from education in IITs to social issues in India and US. All opinions and views presented here are my own and not of my employer.

Leave a Reply