- Like to teach smaller classes because it is less work. Some good teachers may also want to do this because it provides for a better-student teacher interaction.
- Use powerpoint as the sole method of instruction (few exceptions)
- Teach high level topics to beginners because it is more closely related to their research
- They don't have time for students
- Always finding excuses to skip classes, either conference, meeting, etc.
- Not well prepared for classes because they are busy with research.
- Their classes are boring. This is the biggest indicator of their disinterest in teaching. But, it does not necessarily mean that they are interested in research.
I like to blog about various topics ranging from education in IITs to social issues in India and US. All opinions and views presented here are my own and not of my employer.