1. High speeds. MC are unsafe compared to cars.
2. Extreme winters: In most parts of US it snows.
3. Long distances: US is a huge country. It is exhausting to ride on a motorcycle at very high speeds with wind hitting your body at 70 miles an hour.
4. Not as economical: Motorcycles, especially the ones popular in US are not as economical as you think because they have very powerful engines to sustain speeds of 70 miles per hour or higher for long distances. The motorcycles themselves are not that cheap either.
5. Comfort: You can't turn on an AC or heater on a motorcycle. Traffic and wind noise is another cause for discomfort.
I like to blog about various topics ranging from education in IITs to social issues in India and US. All opinions and views presented here are my own and not of my employer.